Early-ripe, high-yielding simple inter-line hybrid of sunflower, it was created on the basis of cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS). Female parent is sterile line VKU-101A, male parent is multiple-headed line- pollen fertility restorer VKU-41B.
Originator is Ltd. «Pilot farm of oil plants». Sunflower hybrid is producible and suitable for growing in steppe, dry-steppe areas of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Since 1998 the hybrid has been included in the State register of RK breeding achievements and is accepted to be used in Pavlodar and North Kazakhstan Regions.
- Mass of 1000 seeds is 50 g;
- Diameter of sunflower head is between 18-22 cm;
- prominent sunflower head;
- Height of hybrid Astana reaches 150-170 cm;
- Vegetation period of hybrid Solnechny 20 is not more than 95 days. It refers to early maturity group;
- This hybrid is ecologically flexible, it is resistant to draught and lodging, it nearly doesn’t shatter during dead-ripe stage.
- It is resistant to mildew and broomrape.
- It is tolerant to white and gray mold.
- Oil content in seeds – 50.0% - 52.0 %
- Crop yield - 34.0 c/ha.
- Recommended density of sunflower planting before harvesting – 50 thousand plants per one hectare.
- Seeds of sunflower hybrid Solnechny 20 is mainly used in oil production.
Seeds oil content
Potential crop yield
3.2 – 3.4 t/ha