It is early-ripe, high-yielding simple three-line hybrid of sunflower, it was created by line-hybridization method with the use of genetic systems CMS-Rf. Female parent is simple unrestored hybrid (PG) (VKU-108A×VKU-34B), male parent is line- pollen fertility restorer VKU-138B.
Originator is Ltd. «Pilot farm of oil plants». Sunflower hybrid is well-machinable and suitable for growing in forest-steppe, sub mountain zones of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Hybrid was released in East Kazakhstan and South Kazakhstan Oblasts in 2005.
- Mass of 1000 seeds is 70.0-75.0 g;
- Diameter of sunflower head is between 20-23 cm;
- Slightly prominent sunflower head;
- Height of hybrid Sunkar reaches 150-160 cm;
- Vegetation period of hybrid Sunkar is not more than 98 days. It refers to early maturity group;
- This hybrid is ecologically flexible. It is resistant to draught and lodging, it nearly doesn’t shatter during dead-ripe stage.
- It is resistant to mildew and broomrape.
- It is tolerant to white and gray mold.
- Oil content in seeds – 50.0% - 52.0 %
- Crop yield - 40.0 c/ha.
- Recommended density of sunflower planting before harvesting – 50 thousand plants per one hectare.
- The hybrid is mainly used for food purposes.
Seeds oil content
Potential crop yield