It is mid-season, high-yielding simple sunflower hybrid. It is created by line-hybridization method with the use of genetic systems CMS-Rf. Female parent is BKU-108A, male parent is line – pollen fertility restorer VKU-109B
Originator is Ltd. «Pilot farm of oil plants». Sunflower hybrid is producible and suitable for growing in dry-steppe areas of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Mass of 1000 seeds is 78-80 g;
- Diameter of sunflower is between 18-22 cm;
- prominent sunflower;
- Height of hybrid Astana reaches 160-170 cm;
- Vegetation period of hybrid Astana is not more than 98 days. It refers to mid-early maturity group;
- This hybrid is highly yielding with optimal sunflower decline, it is also highly-resistant to phytopathogens (broomrape, verticilliaceous wilt and sunflower moth)
- It is resistant to draught and lodging, it nearly doesn’t shatter during dead-ripe stage.
- It is resistant to mildew and 5 races of broomrape.
- It is tolerant to white and gray mold.
- Oil content in seeds – 52.0% - 54.2 %
- Crop yield - 34.0 c/ha.
- Recommended density of sunflower planting before harvesting – 50 thousand plants per one hectare.
- Sunflower hybrid Astana is mainly used in oil production, coarse fractions can be used for food purposes.
Seeds oil content
Potential crop yield